Monday, January 2, 2012

Christmas

     My family loves to play games.  Every Christmas my mom and my grandma go hunting for the most popular board games of the year to play after opening presents.  Out of the five or six games they found this year, there was one obvious hit.  It's called Reverse Charades, and turned out to be great for our crazy, loud extended family.  The game is basically Charades, but instead of one person acting while the rest of the their team guesses, one person guesses while the rest of the team acts.  The reason the game turned out to be so much fun was because of the extreme competitiveness of my family and the way that everyone's actions seemed to be contradictory until the answer was announced.
     I was the first guesser of the entire game, and somehow understood that my mom's and grandpa's ridiculous way of strutting around with their eyes closed and hands jabbing up and down was Stevie Wonder playing the piano.  The rest of the game was just as hilarious, and included my cousin Sarah doing a perfect silent Donald Trump, and my mom wriggling around on the floor trying to resemble a centipede.
     Overall, that game, along with seeing my cousins who spend most of their time at college, made last Christmas one of the best of my life.  It didn't hurt that I got a few amazing video games from my parents and a yo-yo from my sister.  I guess my sister knows me better than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment